Cannot Create New Share from Azure PowerShell - The remote name could not be resolved RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a storage account. It seems that there isn't a specific way to create file storage rather than blob storage.

I followed the instruction for creating a share in Azure Power Shell but when I try $s=New-AzureStorageShare... I keep getting the error "The remote name could not be resolved".  I checked the account name and it matched what is shown on the Azure site.

I also cannot access the storage from the URL's.  I get the message "This page can't be displayed.

How can I create a file storage account and a share to it?

Thanks,

Glen

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Glen,

Thanks for your post!

Did you sign up your File Service ?

To sign up, go to the Microsoft Azure Preview Portal, and sign up for the Microsoft Azure Files service using one or more of your subscriptions. As subscriptions are approved for the Azure File preview, you will get an email notifying you of the approval. We will be slowly opening up the service to users in batches, so please be patient after signing up.

After sign up and enable this feature, I suggest you could refer to this blog for how to use Azure File service ( http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2014/05/12/introducing-microsoft-azure-file-service.aspx#faq7 ).

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by glenrswanson Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:29 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:13 AM

All replies