Do I have to pay for using Live SDK in my C#/XAML metro app ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am developing a metro app in C#/XAML. I don't want to submit app to Windows Store but I was just coding my self a simple app for uploading files to my skydrive. I have followed this article, it says to register my app here, I followed that, but it ask me for payment. Moreover I searched here and found this thread, then I register my app at here, so login is successful but when I try to upload something I am getting "Microsoft.Live.LiveConnectException". So I want to know that if my app is for my personal use then also I have to pay ? How can I use skydrive for my app ?
    • Edited by Xyroid Friday, September 21, 2012 12:25 PM
    • Moved by JOshiro Friday, September 21, 2012 11:54 PM Seems like more of a Windows Store pricing question than a technical Live Connect one. (From:Live Connect)
    Friday, September 21, 2012 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Xyroid,

If you are going to the site you mentioned to register, are you then taking out a Windows Store Developer account. If so then you have to pay for this subscription.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Xyroid Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:08 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 10:53 PM

All replies

• Answers anyone?

Rahul Ranjit

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Hi Xyroid,

If you are going to the site you mentioned to register, are you then taking out a Windows Store Developer account. If so then you have to pay for this subscription.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Xyroid Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:08 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 10:53 PM