Works on local machine, not on server: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' RRS feed

• Question

• We implemented the AjaxControlToolkit in development, added some widgets and everything works fine.
    The local machine is a win7 64-bit machine.

When we deploy the web application on our server (win server 2003, 32 bit) to IIS 5 we get the following exception:

Works on local machine, not on server:

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request.

Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies.

The system cannot find the file specified. Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Line 2: Debug="true" %> Line 3: <%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="asp" %> Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Line 5: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Answers

• I resolved this issue. It was a simple one....I didn't create the virtual directory for my project on server so I was getting this error, after creating virtual directory, it started working fine. 

This thread might help someone else as well.
    • Marked as answer by cms9651 Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:15 AM

All replies

• I resolved this issue. It was a simple one....I didn't create the virtual directory for my project on server so I was getting this error, after creating virtual directory, it started working fine. 

This thread might help someone else as well.
    • Marked as answer by cms9651 Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:15 AM
  • Thanks for sharing your solution.

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:50 PM