none
Visual Studio 2015 Cordova project vanished

Question

• Hi

June 11. 2015 I submitted an app to the Windows Store, which was build using a Visual Studio 2015 Cordova project. I have not used Visual Studio since then, and only used the PC one or two times since then.
    Now when I start VS there's no sign of my project anywhere. I have search the entire disk for known project files, looked through hidden folders, and looked in the garbage folder. It simply not there anymore, and all clues are removed except for some third party plugins which resided outside the project folders.
    Now, I have the source files in a versioning system, so I can just make a new blank Cordova project and insert my files, but I'm a bit concerned about the system apparently erasing my project.
    Anybody else experienced that?

Is there perhaps some secret place I have not yet searched?

Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi vdlbor,

Thanks for your post.

I haven't encountered the problem you faced. But I found some other member encountered the similar issue.

May be you could try to this way:

please close Visual Studio and do the following steps:
    1. Open a Visual Studio Developer command prompt.
    2. Run devenv /clearcache

Or, delete this folder:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache

Restart you Visual Studio then try it again. If still the same issue for the new created Cordova project.

I suppose there is something wrong with the Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova. I suggest you could uninstall it then try to reinstall it by the link below:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/cordova-vs.aspx

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, February 19, 2016 4:00 AM