Provisioning Subsites with Site Definition and Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating subsites using a Site Definition. The subsites contain a list which has a workflow which is started manually. The workflow starts and runs correctly when associated with a list on a site that has been created manually from a standard template. However, if I create the site using my definition (manually or in code), the workflow gives the error 'Workflow Failed to Start due to an Internal Error'. No errors in the logs and breakpoints in OnWorkflowActivated are not hit. The workflow is a custom workflow developed using Visual Studio 2008.

I created the site definition using the Solution Generator 2008. The workflows run correctly on the site used to create the template, but I get the above mentioned error when I use the definition to create the site (manually or in code). The workflow is installed and activated as a site collection feature. I am completely stuck!

Friday, February 4, 2011 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks to share your post.

For the issue, one possible solution is to detach workflow template from the document library, uninstall workflow template. Then install, activate feature and attach workflow to document library again. Also make sure that there is no hard-code reference to anything on the development box.

And also I think the followed reference has been resolved this error, hope this could give you some inspiration:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointworkflow/thread/f76ca719-f44d-458a-8508-83f2853ed379.

Best Regards!

Leo

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:46 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 7:01 AM