none
Embedding PowerPoint 2007 into VB.NET application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there anyway I can include the whole powerpoint GUI/Editor into my VB.net Application. So that I can load a ppt file from within my VB.Net application allow user to modify the slide and then in within my VB.net application i'll save the slide...What I basically need i guess is the whole power point running in my vb.net application. With all the powerpoint ribbon bar menus..

Sunday, October 2, 2011 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Dan

It's possible, but no longer a recommended or supported scenario. The philosophy is, that the Office application are end-user, and licensed to the end-user. It's no longer possible for the developer to "sell" them as his own solution - that branding (Ribbon) has to be there, at the very least.

That said, and since you want the Ribbon: traditionally there were two possibilities: DSOFramer and the WebBrowser control. DSOFramer has been discontinued; the WebBrowser control (ActiveX version) is, I believe, still available and can be used in a Windows Form. You might try searching the forums on MSDN and generally, on the Internet, for discussions on using it with the various Office apps (there's likely to be a lot more on Word and Excel than on PowerPoint, but the basics to getting it set up should be the same as the all have the same kind of OLE interface).

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:49 AM
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 7:05 AM