none
SharePoint 2013 Workflow - How to Make a Custom Workflow Automatically be Associated with a Document Workspace

Question

• Hello Community!

I am working with SharePoint 2013. I have created a Custom Document Content Type and I have associated a custom workflow with that content type, and then I associated that content type to a Document Library. When I use the Custom Content Type to create a document in the document library, the workflow is automatically associated with that document.  However, when I create a document workspace with that same document, the content type is not associated with the document. In fact, the Document Workspace is not configured to allow management of content types. 

I need to have the Document Workspace automatically allow management of content types and in fact have my custom content type with it's associated workflow be the default content type.  Has anyone else ever done this, and if so please provide technical guidance and examples.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Please make sure the “Update this workflow for all related content types” is checked in this custom site content type.

If it is selected “No”, the content type added to the library will not have the workflow automatically.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Where is that setting located?

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:30 PM
  • Hi Tom,

This setting is under the Site Content Type settings page.

You could navigate to Site settings > Site content types > Open the custom content type > Workflow settings > Open the workflow by clicking on the workflow name. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see the “Update List and Site Content Types” setting.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:21 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Is there any update?

If you think the reply is helpful, please mark it as answer. It will help other users who meet the same issue in this forum.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Friday, December 23, 2016 10:32 AM