Cannot open include file: 'intrin.h': No such file or directory RRS feed

• Question

• I tried including #include "intrin.h" in one of my modules but i get this error:

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'intrin.h': No such file or directory

I'm building it with build.exe utility from the latest DDK on X86 architecture.

Thank you in advance.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:08 PM

Answers

• Thats is because there is no such header called intrin.h in the CRT files which come with the DDK, the headers available which are in this CRT are mmintrin.h, xmmintrin.h and emmintrin.h. You can try stealing it from VS2008, but be careful, it isn't in the environment originally so it may not work with the build tools from the DDK.
    Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.
    Visit my (not very good) blog at
    http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Yi Feng Li Friday, May 14, 2010 3:13 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:31 PM

All replies

• Thats is because there is no such header called intrin.h in the CRT files which come with the DDK, the headers available which are in this CRT are mmintrin.h, xmmintrin.h and emmintrin.h. You can try stealing it from VS2008, but be careful, it isn't in the environment originally so it may not work with the build tools from the DDK.
    Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.
    Visit my (not very good) blog at
    http://c2kblog.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Yi Feng Li Friday, May 14, 2010 3:13 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:31 PM
  • Indeed, i noticed that intrinsics are not available in DDK or SDK, but just in VS. i tried to add C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include to the search paths and even wrote #include "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\intrin.h", but it still doesn't want to work.
    • Proposed as answer by Newton Campbell Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:50 PM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 10:44 PM