The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

How do I add an existing microsoft personal account to an azure subscription that I own RRS feed

• Question

• I have an azure account which is logged in through my "microsoft personal" account.

there are 2 subscriptions in this azure account.

One of these accounts i want to give access to a friend of mine who has a personal email that is tied to a "microsoft account" (or live id). Say this is x@y.com

how do I make the user x@y.com as one of the users on my subscription so that 

x@y.com can login using his normal microsoft account credentials and I don't have to send him a userid/password.

Appreciate your help

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:40 PM

All replies

• Go to Azure Active Directory.

Select Users from the blade

Click New guest user.

Add your friend's account.

Once your friend verifies his/her ID referring to the email received in his/her email inbox, he/she can login to your tenancy, but further permissions to resources, you need to provide.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Ben.Paul Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:52 PM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:52 PM
  • Thank you Ben. I am going to try that now.

Thanks

Sayta

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:49 PM
  • I am reading through this article:

Properties of an Azure Active Directory B2B collaboration user

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/user-properties

There is no indication in the "invitation" that this user is a "Microsoft Account" user. How does the invitation resolve that login to a "Microsoft account login"?

Will the invited has an option to login via other identity providers? like Google or Facebook? is that an open list?

Thanks for your input

Satya

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:01 PM
  • Azure AD B2B is for a different purpose, ie between organizations/business. And B2C is again another one for social accounts - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/active-directory-b2c/

In your case, what I understand is that you are working with normal Azure AD, not Azure SD B2B or B2C. 

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:11 PM
  • Please let me know if you find above reply useful. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above reply. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution. Thanks.
    Friday, August 30, 2019 10:32 PM