none
Message Pump in Console application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am new to Win32 programing (C# coder)
    Is it possible to create Message Pump in console application. I would like to create console application which use only notifications to interact with user. I to get information from notification I must have message pump. Am I right? Could anybody show sample code?

Second question is about MFC support? Has all Windows Mobile devices has got support for MFC?

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:26 AM

Answers

• You can create a Window from normal Win32 application with width and height as '0'. Also you can hide this window.
    MFC is supported on Windows Mobile.
    • Marked as answer by kuki1384 Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:09 AM
  • There's a message queue associated with every thread. Whether or not you read from it is another matter. Use the same methods you would use with a message queue handle and pass the thread handle in place of the message queue handle.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:09 PM

All replies

• You can create a Window from normal Win32 application with width and height as '0'. Also you can hide this window.
    MFC is supported on Windows Mobile.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:09 AM
  • There's a message queue associated with every thread. Whether or not you read from it is another matter. Use the same methods you would use with a message queue handle and pass the thread handle in place of the message queue handle.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:09 PM
  • I have never worked with message queue.
    Thanks very much for the hint.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:43 PM