none
HLK 1709 Studio unable to enumerate target devices - Could not get OSPlatform information RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the latest HLK 1709 and the Windows 1709. In HLK Studio device manager view, it's empty, even if I check Inbox and Hidden checkbox.

Then I open up event viewer on Studio, and find several error events like this:

Could not get OSPlatform information for machine SSD.
     Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.MachineException: Do not have valid OS data from machine named SSD ---> Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.MachineException: Latest Resource Configuration is null (for machine SSD), cannot build machine properties
       at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection.WttMachine.GetPropertyHash()
       at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection.WttMachine.GetFullPropertyByName(String propertyName)
       at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection.WttMachine.GetPropertyByName(String propertyName)
       at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection.DBConnectionOsPlatform.PlatformFromMachine(DatabaseProjectManager manager, Machine machine)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection.DBConnectionOsPlatform.PlatformFromMachine(DatabaseProjectManager manager, Machine machine)
       at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection.WttMachine.get_OSPlatform()

How do I resolve this problem?

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi MosoLee,

I had the same problem on my machine. I contacted support and we fixed it.

I was using Windows Server 2016 which the support person said is not recommended. So I installed Windows Server 2012 R2 as recommended and installed the HLK for 1709.

The problem might have been the OS I was using. Another thing that could help you is to uninstall the SQL server and the HLK. Then goto "C:\Program Files" and delete the "Microsoft SQL Server" folder. Then install the HLK again (also installs SQL).

Remember also to reinstall the HLK Client on your testing machine.

I hope this fixes your problem.

Update:

I've tested uninstalling SQL Server and HLK and delete SQL Server files on Windows Server 2016. Then install HLK again and everything worked like expected. So I recommend you uninstall everything, delete SQL Server folders and reinstall the HLK software.

• Edited by Nico.AM Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:20 PM Update
    Monday, January 15, 2018 2:06 PM