none
Restore Office 2010 Professional Plus After Motherboard Died RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

See SR #1480070886.  This SHOULD have been a very simple fix, but Microsoft has thrown lots of red tape in my way.

Two weeks ago, I began experiencing problems with my HP Color Laserjet CP2520dn because they had not created drivers to go with the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview software I am running.  You eventually fixed that problem, but in the process of diagnosing that problem, I discovered another:  My BIOS chip needed an update.  Following very explicit instructions from ASUS tech support, I attempted to flash the BIOS chip on my computer, but it turned into a "brick."  The only solution was to spend $273.48 (parts only, I had free labor from Geek Squad) and wait two weeks for them to receive and replace my motherboard. 

When I finally restarted the computer, everything worked fine - except for my Microsoft Office Professional Office Pro which I purchased on 1 August 2018.  All I need is a serial number to revive that software, but NO ONE is willing to help me.  The Microsoft tech support solution is to SELL me a new copy of Office 365 instead.  I have rejected that option for two reasons:  (1) it is a subscription instead of a license, and (2) it insists on being hosted on the C: drive, which I reserve exclusively for my operating system.  I host all of my applications on my D:, E:, and F: drives, where they are safe from operating system crashes.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:26 PM