none
[E2010] [EWSMA] [C#]: Extended Property request of type Currency is not returned RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange Version: Exchange2010 SP1 14.1.355.2
    API Name: Exchange Web Services Managed API
    API Version: 14.2.51.0

I am trying to retreive extended properties of a custom form using EWS. I have been successful with all the properties except for those whose PropertyType is Currency. I have successfully used String and DateTime.

I have verified using OutlookSpy the Property Type as Currency/PT_CURRENCY and the Property Set as Public String/MNID_STRING of the property in question.

I have also attempted to retreive the Extended Property using EWSEditor 1.7.1.20840. I was able to retrieve the other Extended Properties but not for those of type Currency. I also have verifed both in EWSEditor and through my application using Fiddler that the XML Request/Response has the Extended Property is in the request, but not in the response.

Request Snippet

<t:AdditionalProperties>
      <t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="num" PropertyType="String" />
      <t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="person" PropertyType="String" />
      <t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="createdate" PropertyType="SystemTime" />
      <t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="amount" PropertyType="Currency" />
    </t:AdditionalProperties>

Response Snippet

<t:ExtendedProperty><t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="num" PropertyType="String"/>
    	<t:Value>8311802-01-01-008</t:Value>
    </t:ExtendedProperty>
    <t:ExtendedProperty><t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="person" PropertyType="String"/>
    	<t:Value>ABC</t:Value>
    <t:ExtendedProperty><t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="createdate" PropertyType="SystemTime"/>
    	<t:Value>2010-10-29T13:00:00Z</t:Value>

Is either the DistinguishedPropertySetId or PropertyType incorrect?

I found an older similar, but unanswered question here .

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:49 PM