SSMA - cannot connect to oracle server via SQL server tester extensions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have successfully converted a schema on Oracle into to MSSQL-2005 server using SSMA for oracle version 4.0 and also migrated the data with no issues.

I am trying to use the Tester functionality, and when I try to run a test case I get the following error?

Common Requirement - "Cannot Connect to Oracle Server via SQL Server tester extension"

Has any one come across this issue before? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, October 24, 2008 2:37 AM

Answers

• I've manage to resolve issue,

1. When installing oracle client (10g) I've only installed the "InstantClient", but later I've installed Oracle Net 10.xx.x and Oracle Windows Interface 10.xx

2. Using Oracle Net Config assistant created a link to Target Oracle database.

3. Created linked Servers on MSSQL.

4 Reran test cases worked fine Smile
    Friday, October 24, 2008 6:53 AM

All replies

• Welcome to MSDN Forums!

Are you up-to-date with service packs?

ORACLE server name/IP, login, password correct?

Can you configure the ORACLE server as a linked server?

Contacted Oracle DBA in connection with the issue?

If problem persists, I suggest you contact Microsoft Support.

Friday, October 24, 2008 6:52 AM
    Answerer
  • I've manage to resolve issue,

1. When installing oracle client (10g) I've only installed the "InstantClient", but later I've installed Oracle Net 10.xx.x and Oracle Windows Interface 10.xx

2. Using Oracle Net Config assistant created a link to Target Oracle database.

3. Created linked Servers on MSSQL.

4 Reran test cases worked fine Smile
    Friday, October 24, 2008 6:53 AM
  • Hi Team,

I am facing the same issue and I am using Oracle system user credentials to connect Oracle server and I have also installed extension pack for the SQL Server instance which i am using for migration. Still I am getting the following error in last step (Migrate data).

Cannot connect to Oracle server via SQL Server tester extensions.

Oracle 10.2.0.4 verion

SQL Server 2012 SP1

SSMA 6.0

Please help me if you have gone through the same problem.

Thanks,

Vijaysqldb

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:06 PM