none
Where can I find the pre-designed login form?

Question

• I remember a while ago Visual Studio used to have an option where I could add a login form to my project, which would have all the relevant controls set up (such as username and password text boxes, as well as a login button, and even a few images to enhance the visual appearance of the form). 

I am having trouble finding where I can add such a form to my project, since I haven't used Visual Studio in a while, and Google does not seem to bring any relevant answers.

All help is appreciated.

• Edited by VSTMain Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:42 AM

Answers

• Hi VSTMain,

It would be related to the developing language, it doesn't have that item in C# Winforms app, but if you create the VB WinForms app, you will get the login form.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi VSTMain,

It would be related to the developing language, it doesn't have that item in C# Winforms app, but if you create the VB WinForms app, you will get the login form.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:01 PM
  • In Visual Studio 2015, User Management pages are included when you create, for example, an ASP.NET Web application and specify the authentication mode in Project Wizard, clicking the Change Authentication button.

What kind of project do you create?

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:21 PM
  • Alright, Jack-Zhai, that seemed to work!

The issue was that I migrated from VB.NET to C# a while back, and so when I went back into Visual Studio I naturally created a C# project (although I did attempt to create a VB login form, however I did not realize that I'd have to first create a blank form before adding a login form).

Thank you for the answer, this is indeed what I was looking for!

• Edited by VSTMain Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:52 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:51 PM