Constantly terminating threads in Silverlight for Windows Embedded GUI when rendering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I created a quite simply GUI using silverlight for windows embedded technology on compact 7.

I'm running the application with the debugger.

When rendering widgets on the screen for example caused by some button event I notice terminating threads in the VS 2008 output window. When rendering a lot of stuff the frequency of terminating threads can get quite high. I'm wondering if this behavior is normal and if it has any negative impact on the responsiveness of my GUI!?

This threads need to be related to the XAMLRuntime since I do not create any user threads on my own.

Another question:

I realized that the XAMLRuntime catches all exceptions using structured exception handling and this makes it difficult to debug my application.

Does anybody know if there is a way to change this behavior?

For example hook in just before any messages are dispatched in the main thread to place my own structured exception handling code...

Best regards,

Manuel Bliemel

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi!

I created a quite simply GUI using silverlight for windows embedded technology on compact 7.

I'm running the application with the debugger.

When rendering widgets on the screen for example caused by some button event I notice terminating threads in the VS 2008 output window. When rendering a lot of stuff the frequency of terminating threads can get quite high. I'm wondering if this behavior is normal and if it has any negative impact on the responsiveness of my GUI!?

This threads need to be related to the XAMLRuntime since I do not create any user threads on my own.

Another question:

I realized that the XAMLRuntime catches all exceptions using structured exception handling and this makes it difficult to debug my application.

Does anybody know if there is a way to change this behavior?

For example hook in just before any messages are dispatched in the main thread to place my own structured exception handling code...

Best regards,

Manuel Bliemel

Anybody out there who knows the answers for my questions?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Manuel

• Edited by 11Manuel11 Friday, December 20, 2013 9:59 AM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 9:58 AM