Problem using my own dynamic IP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Dlink DSL-2730U and there are two computers connected to the router and then to the internet (DSL-2730U is switch and router both.) I have a dynamic IP address from my ISP. i can ping it and get >1ms ping time, but my problem is i cannot use it for IIS, Games (Online), etc. i think that i should open some ports or configure DMZ host or change some settings in my router to be able to this. I entered my dynamic IP in my browser and i saw than my router configuration is loaded.

Sorry, my English knowledge is not good enough. i hope you undrestand.

Pk.khafan
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi

I myself discovered it, It really works but now in my own local network and i should use localhost for creating website and forward packages using NAT to my computer's local IP. then it happens.

Pk.khafan
    • Marked as answer by PK DEVELOPER Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:52 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:52 PM

All replies

• Dear

For sure you can use that Dyn IP for connecting to Internet and you may also ping it, but as it is temperoray and Dyn. you cannpt use it for services such as IIS or accessising your computer remotely, so there are two simple solution for you:

1. Afford for a static IP address

2. use dynamic dns service such as DynDNS.org

Best Regards

Vahid Azad
    MCSA/MCSE: Security
    PANT iTC
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:53 PM
  • HI and thanks Vahid Azad

i also done that, still can't use it, cannot connect to IIS and...

i have dlinkddns account (pkd2010.dlinkddns.com) but still can't connect to IIS. i know why because it seems the NAT is not working on My computer(because my xbox is working fine so the router's nat is completly ok). i have a TCP server/client application that works on my LAN but when set the dynamic ip for client it won't connect.

thanks

Pk.khafan
    Monday, November 22, 2010 3:49 PM
  • Hi

I myself discovered it, It really works but now in my own local network and i should use localhost for creating website and forward packages using NAT to my computer's local IP. then it happens.

Pk.khafan
    • Marked as answer by PK DEVELOPER Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:52 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:52 PM