Connecting Panasonic, JVC, and professional cameras via USB for Live Streaming RRS feed

• Question

• How do we connect a camera to do live streaming (VC-1 and IIS Smooth Streaming) in Expression Encoder 4 Pro, the only live source that expression detects is my webcam. Is USB possible? or do we need HDMI, firewire, or RCA to USB?

My machine is Windows Vista Home Prenium SP2 64-bit

Thanks

Ranbeer

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:23 PM

Answers

• You can attach non-webcam camcorders and cameras to your PC and use it as a streaming source. You do, however, have to verify that your camera is a UVC (USB Video Class) device. If so, streaming over USB is supported. If not, your USB interface is probably used exclusively for data transfer e.g. photos.

The device should have a label indicating it's a UVC device either on the camera itself or on the box.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:51 PM

All replies

• You can attach non-webcam camcorders and cameras to your PC and use it as a streaming source. You do, however, have to verify that your camera is a UVC (USB Video Class) device. If so, streaming over USB is supported. If not, your USB interface is probably used exclusively for data transfer e.g. photos.

The device should have a label indicating it's a UVC device either on the camera itself or on the box.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Thanks Paul.

I have it working now using a USB PVR Device

Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:42 PM