none
Daily Quotes App

Question

• Hello Developers, I would like help with a Quotes app for win phone 8. I am looking for some tutorials to build a quote app where users can send a quote from the app as a sms. Any one with step by step tutorial or any help i greatly welcome the assistance .
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Joseph, welcome to the forums.

Now, you shouldn't ask for a complete solution, instead you should split your problem into several smaller ones and then search for each individual item. If you are unable to find the solution for that particular problem or if you have trouble with it, only then you should ask for help for that specific question.

Now, can you clarify what exactly you have trouble with?

Toni Petrina
    My blog: Toni codes .NET
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Hi Toni, been trying for a long time and that's why i asked. Any way i have several quotes and i wan to build a single screen application  with an array that has these quotes stored in them and when a user swipes the screen a new quote will appear and a quote number on top to make it appear as though it a new screen as shown in the image

Desired App Screen

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:08 PM
  • Again, that is not a specific question, but more of an app description. If I can solve that for you, I might just go ahead and publish that application myself.

What do you need help with?

• Do you know how to create an application?
    • How to build, run and/or deploy it?
    • Do you know how to store data?
    • Create controls?
    • Handle swipe gestures?
    • Design and style XAML?

Toni Petrina
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:17 PM
  • Ok i need help with handling swipe gestures and data storage.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:24 PM
  • What have you tried so far?

And why it didn't work for you?

Toni Petrina

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:27 PM
  • Just been reading on how to store data in an array and display it. N well just started with my win phone programming 2 days ago that's why i am totally vague but am sure i will catch up and thanks for helping me narrow down to key issues ...Though now my worry is on storing the 500 quotes an array and then displaying it
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:32 PM