Web - Asp.net update dataset wiht TableAdapterManger not found RRS feed

• Question

• User645008925 posted

Hi all,
    i'm confused for the solution with TableAdapterManger.
    My problem is update Dataset Multitables with relations Parent/Child.
    I have followed tutorial for create Dataset with designer of visula studio 2012 but create automaticaly class Dataset, but object TableManagerAdapter not found and don't defined

Why? TableManagerAdapater is only for windows form? if yes good method update dataset in database with relation Parent/child?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:21 AM

Answers

• User697462465 posted

Hi Danielef,

From what I know the TableAdapterManager has a property for each TableAdapter that you defined in your DataSet.xsd. However they are null to begin with so, after you create an instance of the TAM you are responsible to "write some code" and "populate those properties" with instances of the corresponding table adapters.

Plus you would have to set the connection which will override any connections your adapter may individually have.

You may want to read here TableAdapterManager overview thoroughly before using the TableAdapterManager.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 11:46 PM

All replies

• User697462465 posted

Hi Danielef,

By default, a TableAdapterManager class is generated when you create a typed-dataset in a project. More specifically, it is the value in the Hierarchical Update property of a dataset that determines whether a TableAdapterManager is created. If Hierarchical Update is set to True, a TableAdapterManager is created; Hierarchical Update is set to False, a dataset that does not contain a TableAdapterManager is created. For more information, see How to: Enable and Disable Hierarchical Update.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:30 PM
  • User645008925 posted

propriete Hierarchical Update don't view in dataset proprietes.
    My not is web applicazione but website ....

Friday, March 7, 2014 10:17 AM
  • User697462465 posted

Hi Danielef,

From what I know the TableAdapterManager has a property for each TableAdapter that you defined in your DataSet.xsd. However they are null to begin with so, after you create an instance of the TAM you are responsible to "write some code" and "populate those properties" with instances of the corresponding table adapters.

Plus you would have to set the connection which will override any connections your adapter may individually have.

You may want to read here TableAdapterManager overview thoroughly before using the TableAdapterManager.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 11:46 PM