none
Report Viewer barcode font not working on production server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a barcode font specified in my rdlc file and it works fine when I print the report through the webpage on my desktop webserver. But when I deploy the app to a production server (Windows 2k3), the text shows up as garbage instead of the barcode. I installed the barcode font in both environments but only the production server is giving these problems. Any idea why this is the case?

Friday, May 11, 2007 2:00 AM

All replies

• Here are some more details.

The barcode font is called "Free 3 of 9" and the xml code inside the rdlc file is as follows:

<Textbox Name="textbox63">
            <Left>2.55in</Left>
            <Top>7.8in</Top>
            <ZIndex>118</ZIndex>
            <Width>1.875in</Width>
            <Style>
              <PaddingLeft>2pt</PaddingLeft>
              <PaddingBottom>1pt</PaddingBottom>
              <FontFamily>Free 3 of 9</FontFamily>
              <FontSize>26pt</FontSize>
              <PaddingRight>2pt</PaddingRight>
              <PaddingTop>1pt</PaddingTop>
            </Style>
            <CanGrow>true</CanGrow>
            <Height>0.15in</Height>
            <Value>="*" + trim(First(Fields!Purchase_Code.Value, "Header")) + "*"</Value>
          </Textbox>

As you can see, the font family has been specified as Free 3 of 9. I double checked the font on the server and even in the registry.

Expected output for a Purchase Code is supposed to be barcode representation of the Purchase Code 3349514184

Actual output is being displayed as the following symbols: $$%*&"%")%

I'm still baffled.

Friday, May 11, 2007 7:20 PM
  • The font is installed on production server (e.g. if you call the server to generate a pdf)? You may need to have the font also on any client where you preview the report.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 2:17 AM