none
How can I create AZURE account without providing a credit card? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I create AZURE account without credit card? I want to try it but I don't want to give credit card info for trying the service.
    Thursday, February 6, 2020 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out! We use the phone number and credit card for identity verification. Please note that we don’t charge your credit card anything, but you may see a one-dollar verification hold on your credit card account, which is removed within three to five days.

When you sign up for an Azure free account, you get a $200 credit that acts as a spending limit—that is, in the first 30 days, any usage of resources beyond the free products and quantities will be deducted from the $200 credit. When you’ve used up the $200 credit or 30 days have expired (whichever happens first), you’ll have to upgrade to a pay-as-you-go account. This automatically removes the spending limit so you can continue to get access to all the free products included in the free account. With the spending limit removed, you pay for what you use beyond the free amounts and this is charged to the card you provided.

For more information and common questions around Azure Free Account, please visit our FAQ document!

Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:20 AM
  • You are NOT answering the question.

The question is: How can I create AZURE account without credit card? I want to try the AZURE but I don't want to give credit card info for trying the service.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:51 AM
  • Apologies if the message wasn't conveyed clearly.

There's no option to create one without providing a Credit card. I totally understand that the need for a credit card and a cell phone number to validate a free account could be frustrating, but as mentioned above, the intent of requesting those details from the customer is only for verification purposes.

However, if you intend to use/experiment with Azure just for a couple hours, then you can try out the Learn Sandbox on Microsoft Learn. This should remove any friction in the learning process, allowing free, fixed-time access to a cloud subscription with "no credit card" requirement. You can safely learn, create, and manage resources without the fear of being charged.

Another alternative that's applicable only if you're a student, is to try the Azure for Students offer. You'll have to verify your student status through your school email address and signing up is free and does not require a credit card. Once verified, Azure for Students gives you 100 USD credit for 12 months and access to more than 25 free products.

Please check the above options as applicable to you, else email us on AzCommunity[at]microsoft[dot]com if you still have queries and we'll do our best to get you going. Thanks for your patience.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:05 AM