none
Visual Studio 2003 using VB application on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of getting servers with Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 OS.  I am replacing Windows Server 2000 SP4.

We have an application written Visual Studio 2003 that works great on the Windows 2000 server.  However I am not able to get the same application to run on the Windows 2003 server.

Using terminal services and logging on as administrator I am able to run the application with no issues.  When I log on as the user of the application I get the following error:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application.  Click continue and application will ignor this error and attempt to conitnue.

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater."

The correct Oracle client software version is installed.  Out of all the trouble shooting I have done the only way I can get the user sign on to work is by adding the user to the server's adminsitratinve group. 

Can anyone help me or point in the direction to find out how I can give the user permission on the server without putting my server at risk. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Friday, May 2, 2008 5:35 PM

Answers

All replies