Managed Metadata Column + DocProperty RRS feed

• Question

• Hi-

I've got a column which is defined in SP as a Managed Metadata column that has a finite set of values in a Term Set. The name of the column corresponds to a DocProperty in Word which shares the same set of values.

When I upload documents, the value from the document isn't displayed in SP. Is there a way to make this happen or is this a limitation of using managed metadata columns?

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:05 PM

Answers

• The terms in metadata columns are not just text but also have a guid with it... I believe SP column is not able to find the respective guid for the values coming from the uploaded document... could be the reason for values not showing up!
    "T" | community.zevenseas.com/Blogs/Tanmay/default.aspx
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:29 AM

All replies

• The terms in metadata columns are not just text but also have a guid with it... I believe SP column is not able to find the respective guid for the values coming from the uploaded document... could be the reason for values not showing up!
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:29 AM

OK. That unfortunately makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
    My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:32 AM
  • Hi,

All the metadata columns pick the value from the hidden list which is "Taxonomy Hidden list".When you are uploading a document and you are specifiying a metadata for it, if that metadata is not presnt in the Taxonomy hidden list then the metadata for that document will not be displayed after uploading.Make sure their is entry in taxonomy hidden list.

And the hidden taxonomy list contains the metadata + associated GUID with that metadata.

I even agree with the tanmay.But what i am trying to say is also valid.Give a try :)

"The Only Way To Get Smarter Is By Playing A Smarter Opponent"
    • Edited by Ravi S Kulkarni Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:15 AM Added a extra clearification
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:14 AM