Big Problem... RRS feed

• Question

• User325137 posted

Hello guys. I am new user for xamarin but i have a problem. I cant see C#. So i see android,.net,asp but C# not see. Please Help..

Saturday, May 20, 2017 2:22 PM

All replies

• User65389 posted

@BatuhanAydin

Your posting is not to understand... What's your problem...?

I you work with Visual Studio and talk about project templates... C# is a development language If you select a Xamarin project type from the project templates, C# "automatically" is selected as development language, as Xamarin only supports C# But as I wrote above, you have to write more, so that somebody here can help you...

Saturday, May 20, 2017 4:08 PM
  • User325137 posted

@FredyWenger I did not install Visual Studio. Just installed xamarin. So I show you my problem with picture.

Saturday, May 20, 2017 4:17 PM
  • User325137 posted

anybody here ? Please :(

Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:50 PM
  • User60257 posted

Xamarin on a Mac uses Visual Studio for mac, so if you've installed Xamarin Studio then you really should update to VS for Mac.

The new project tree structure is different on the Mac compared to VS on windows - it doesn't have a 'C#' tab with options under it. Instead you choose your project type and by default these will be C# projects, and you can change them to be F# if you want. In the picture you've attached above you'll see to the right of 'Multiplatform Library' in the middle it says 'C#' - this is a drop down you can change from C# to F#.

As Freddy says - to get help you really need to provide a lot more information. The more you information you can provide the more people can help.

Sunday, May 21, 2017 6:57 AM