none
RDP gateway channel lifetime RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on an issue in FreeRDP with the Gateway.  It connects and logs in but after a while connected, the session hangs up.

I think it's related to the gateway channel lifetime documented here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc244011.aspx

The problem is, what should we do when the channel lifetime has exhausted?

Should we setup a new channel, reset the existing.

I can't seem to find any documentation about what to do.

This happens on both Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2012.

Jay

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the Protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:52 AM
  • Hello Jay,

Both IN and OUT channels must be recycled. Essentially you are setting up a new channel.

Refer to the following text under section 3.2.1.1.1 in MS-RPCH .

As specified in sections 2.1.2.1.7 and 2.1.2.1.8, both virtual IN channel and virtual OUT channel are limited to transmitting only a certain number of bytes. For a virtual connection to be capable of sending an unlimited number of bytes, it must be able to discard IN channels or OUT channels whose lifetime has expired and replace them with successor IN channels or OUT channels. The process of discarding a predecessor IN channel or OUT channel and establishing a successor IN channel or OUT channel while ensuring that the reliable, in-order, at-most-once delivery guarantee is maintained is called channel recycling. ...

Also sections 3.2.1.5.3.2 through 3.2.1.5.3.5 describe the protocol sequences. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:14 PM