none
Where is content after Sharepoint plan change? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

My company is running Office 365 Essentials and I'm considering adding some Project Online Pro licences for a few of our project managers. I've started the 30-day trial, and I attempted to add a POP licence to one of the users. I got the following error.

"You can't assign licenses that contain these conflicting services: SharePoint Online (Plan 1), SharePoint Online (Plan 2). Review the services included with each license, and try again."

I recognise that Office 365 Essentials has SharePoint Online (Plan 1), while Project Online Pro has SharePoint Online (Plan 2), and that this is a conflict. I figure in order to do the trial, I will need to disable Plan 1 and enable Plan 2 for each user to whom I give a trial licence. My question is:

When I change the Sharepoint Online plans, what happens to the content?

The follow-on question is: if at the end of the trial I decide to not take POP, and switch back, will I get back my content?

Monday, August 5, 2019 7:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Changing plans means you'll get additional features / functionalities , your content won't change.

You can check the services offered under both the plans in below link,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/sharepoint-online-service-description/sharepoint-online-service-description

If the plan expired the end user may have access issues , once you change it back to plan 1 user will get the access back.

S_K_P

• Proposed as answer by S_K_P Monday, August 5, 2019 8:07 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 8:07 PM
  • Thanks a lot. That's the answer I was hoping for.
    Monday, August 5, 2019 8:25 PM