Access to SQL-server with SSMA 7 don't work RRS feed

• Question

• Windows10 - SQLServer 2016 - Access 2016.I try an Access database(*.accdb) to migrate to SQLServer2016 using SQLServer Migration Assistant for Access (SSMAversion 7).But I get an error saying there is a missmatch on 32- and/or 64-bit versions.

Glad to get some help with this ...

Benny

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi BenCoo2312,

Could you please share the error message to us for analysis? Is it an error like ‘This error maybe a result of running SSMA as 64-bit application while having only 32-bit connectivity components installed’?

If it is, this issue can occur in the following scenarios:

1.    Could you please tell us the bit edition of Windows OS, Access and SQL Server? 32-bit or 64-bit? On a 64-bit Operation System, 32-bit and 64-bit SSMA will be installed on it, if Access is a 32-bit one, please use Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access (32-bit) to migrate Access database.
    2.    We did not install Microsoft Access 2016 Runtime, please download it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50040  and install it.

Best Regards,
    Teige

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:16 AM
  • Try this for size!

---------------------------------------

Starting conversion...
    Analyzing metadata...
    Access Object Collector error: Database
         Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CD7791B9-43FD-42C5-AE42-8DD2811F0419} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). This error may be a result of running SSMA as 64-bit application while having only 32-bit connectivity components installed or vice versa. You can run 32-bit SSMA application if you have 32-bit connectivity components or 64-bit SSMA application if you have 64-bit connectivity components, shortcut to both 32-bit and 64-bit SSMA can be found under the Programs menu. You can also consider updating your connectivity components from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197502.
         An error occurred while loading database information.
    Conversion finished with 0 errors, 0 warnings, and 0 informational messages.
    There is nothing to process.

----------------------------------------

Fascinating isn't and by no means helpful.  I cannot get this migration utility to work in Win 10 even having downloaded Access 2016 runtime stuff.  Perhaps Microsoft could have a serious look at this problem.

It used to work prior to win 10 but it sure doesn't now

William Slaney

Sunday, October 30, 2016 8:09 AM
  • There is a conflict in your versions.  When you installed Access it appears that you installed as 32 bit whereas SQL is 64 bit.   The way I fixed this was to uninstall Msft Office and reinstall the 64 bit version ... plus you might still need to install the Microsoft Access 2016 runtime but make sure you pick the 64 bit version ... after you have uninstalled and reinstalled to the correct version.

SOTATS, Inc.

Sunday, October 30, 2016 8:50 AM