none
Public Folder - Move All Replicas from 2003 to 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I will be planning on moving a 2.5GB public folder that is currently being replicated between 1 Exchange 2003 server and 1 Exchange 2010 server as one of my ending tasks of 2010 Migration.

My question is, when I initiate the Move All Replicas command, will my users (that have all been moved to Exchange 2010) lose access to the public share? We also have email going to the public share because it is added to an email alias. Will the share be unable to receive new mail during the move?

I've looked through all of my documentation and cannot find any of this information.

Thank you for all of your help in advance.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm sure you're long past this migration by now, but I figured I'd reply anyways.  This link:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg576862(v=exchg.141).aspx  will help you remove the last 2003 server from your 2010 environment, but to answer your question, no, your users will not lose access to public folders.  Run this script from 2010 EMS C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\v14\Scripts\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server <2003 Server> -NewServer <2010 Server>.

That will run for a bit, but to verify that all replicas were removed from 2003, log on to your 2003 box, open up ESM, expand out Administrative Group, <Your Admin Group>, Servers, <2003 Server>, <Storage Group>, Public Folder Store and select Public Folder Instances.   When that no longer shows any entries, you're safe to move on to the next step of removing 2003.  Like I mentioned, the article I pasted is a great article to ensure you don't miss any steps, like moving your Public Folder hierarchy.

I'm sure you're done, but maybe this will help someone else.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:05 PM