none
Outlook Add-Ins Development Kit RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know if there's any Outlook add-in development kit available? I have a requirement in my enterprise application due to which this add-in is needed. If it's not available then how can I develop add-ins in outlook?

Thanks

• Edited by Yagya Dev Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:53 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Yagya,

The best way to develop Office add-in is to use web technologies such as HTML+JavaScript.

I think you can create an Office Add-in by using Visual Studio or any other editor e.g. Visual Studio Code. Please see the following link:

Build your first Outlook add-in

Hopefully it helps you.

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Marked as answer by Yagya Dev Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:30 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Yagya,

The best way to develop Office add-in is to use web technologies such as HTML+JavaScript.

I think you can create an Office Add-in by using Visual Studio or any other editor e.g. Visual Studio Code. Please see the following link:

Build your first Outlook add-in

Hopefully it helps you.

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Marked as answer by Yagya Dev Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:30 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:04 PM
  • JS based addins are much more limited functionality-wise compared to the Windows specific COM addins. If you are only targeting the Windows version of Outlook, COM addins created using VSTO (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/vsto/outlook-solutions?view=vs-2017) might be a much better option.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, September 27, 2018 3:10 PM
  • Hi Yagya,

Any updates for this? Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Please help us close the thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Simon

Monday, October 1, 2018 3:03 AM