Unable to create app package because of a dependency on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package (Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00) RRS feed

• Question

• I receive the following error on the Windows App Certification Kit for Windows 8.1.

The app manifest test detected the following errors:XXX takes a  dependency on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package  (Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00) framework but is missing the framework  dependency declaration in the manifest.

My solution builds . However, I receive an error within WACK after I create an app package and run the Windows Application Certification Kit.

I have added and removed references to the C++ runtime extension. In addition, I do not see any fields in the app manifest editor to modify that would resolve this dependency error.

NOTE:

I have been stuck on this dependency error for a week without any success.

Friday, December 20, 2013 7:26 PM

Answers

• Right. The error is that something in the code references Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00, but Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 is NOT in the manifest.

Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 is not valid for Windows 8.1 apps, so you will need to find the component which uses it and updates that component.

This reference probably comes from a binary DLL referenced by the project.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Bizmonger Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:22 AM
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:43 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you are including a library that was built with Visual Studio 2012. You will need to rebuild that library in Visual Studio 2013. If you just have the binary you will need to get an updated version from the author.

--Rob

Friday, December 20, 2013 7:38 PM
  • I've rebuilt everything. I have no clue what else I need to do in order to package this app and deploy it to the store. For example, there is no entry in the app manifest for declaring any dependencies. As a result, even the error message from the WACK is inaccurate.

"The app manifest test detected the following errors:XXX takes a  dependency on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package  (Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00) framework but is missing the framework  dependency declaration in the manifest."

However, my SDKManifest points to V12 and not V11:

<FileList

FrameworkIdentity-Debug = "Name = Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00.Debug, MinVersion = 12.0.21005.1"

FrameworkIdentity-Retail = "Name = Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00, MinVersion = 12.0.21005.1"

MinVSVersion = "12.0"

DisplayName = "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime Package for Windows"

AppliesTo = "WindowsAppContainer + (Managed | Javascript)"

AppX-Debug-x86 = ".\AppX\Debug\x86\Microsoft.VCLibs.x86.Debug.12.00.appx"

AppX-Debug-x64 = ".\AppX\Debug\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.Debug.12.00.appx"

AppX-Debug-ARM = ".\AppX\Debug\ARM\Microsoft.VCLibs.ARM.Debug.12.00.appx"

AppX-Retail-x86 = ".\AppX\Retail\x86\Microsoft.VCLibs.x86.12.00.appx"

AppX-Retail-x64 = ".\AppX\Retail\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.12.00.appx"

AppX-Retail-ARM = ".\AppX\Retail\ARM\Microsoft.VCLibs.ARM.12.00.appx"

SupportsMultipleVersions="Error"

SupportedArchitectures="x86;x64;ARM"

MaxPlatformVersion="8.1"

MinOSVersion="6.3.0"

MaxOSVersionTested="6.3.0">

</FileList>

• Edited by Bizmonger Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:38 PM More details
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Right. The error is that something in the code references Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00, but Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 is NOT in the manifest.

Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 is not valid for Windows 8.1 apps, so you will need to find the component which uses it and updates that component.

This reference probably comes from a binary DLL referenced by the project.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Bizmonger Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:22 AM
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:43 PM
  • Thank you. I had a SQLite dll that was included as a literal file in my project. After removing the dll from my project the WACK passed the app manifest compliance test.

Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:25 AM