Blend 4 ultimate (SP1) build or run WP7 project fails on second time RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a new WP7 app and run it, it works just fine. But when I do some changes (add a textbox) and try to run it again, I get following error.

Description:
    Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\WPTestApplication1.dll" to "Bin\Debug\WPTestApplication1.dll".
    The process cannot access the file "Bin\Debug\WPTestApplication1.dll" because it is being used
    by another process.

File: Microsoft.Common.targets

Line: 2868

Project: WPTestApplication1

Project was created in Blend 4 Ultimate (SP1). No other references than what Blend 4 created.
    1. add TextBlock -> F5 to run in emulator -> works fine
    2. Stopped running in emulator -> add TextBox -> F5 -> error

If I close Blend 4 and open project in VS2010 (ultimate) I can run and change project how many times I want and it always works just fine.

With Sysinternals Process Explorer I can see that dll is used by blend itself. Only thing I can do is close Blend 4 and then clear "Bin\Debug" directory (right click solution -> Clean project gives me error: Access to the path "...Bin\Debug\WPTestApplication1.dll" is denied.)

Reinstalling (or remove and install again) won't help.

9.3.2011: After this problem starts with the project, no matter if I restart Blend 4 (and close the WP7 emulator) and try to run it I get exact same error. So releasing loaded dll won't help. I have to delete whole content of "bin\debug\" folder (Blend 4 has to be closed) before I can run it again.

Permission problem? (VS2010 and Blend 4 start with "run as administrator" mode)

And this concern only Windows Phone project type.

• Edited by TapaniT Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:24 AM Even more info
    Monday, March 7, 2011 6:50 AM

All replies

• TapaniT,

I have the exact problem, however, it hits immediately and the error pops up as soon as I press F5. I haven't had the chance to screw things up since I was on Step 3 of a tutorial and hadn't touched anything!

Did you ever locate a solution for this issue?

TIA

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:38 PM
  • I have the same problem

there are no solution?

thanks

Friday, August 5, 2011 8:09 PM