How do I disconnect Visual Studio 2013 Team Explorer from TFS? RRS feed

• Question

• Using Team Explorer in Visual Studio 2010 and prior, it is possible to terminate an active connection to a TFS collection by right-clicking the top level project collection node in Team Explorer and then selecting the "Disconnect" option.

I've not used Visual Studio 2012 so I'm not sure of the behaviour within that version but within Visual Studio 2013 Team Explorer I cannot find any way to disconnect from TFS once a connection has been established to a collection. With an active connection to a TFS collection, you cannot remove that collection from the server list so it can't be done that way either. This means that once you have made a connection to a TFS collection, you can't then seem to revert to working in a disconnected state again if you want to.

I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid and missing something completely obvious but can someone please tell me if there is a option or way to disconnect from TFS under VS2013 and if so then how to actually do it.

Just to avoid any confusion, this is nothing to do with working on a solution in an "offline" mode, it is about terminating an active Team Explorer connection to a TFS collection where no solution is even open.

Thanks.

Friday, January 9, 2015 3:58 PM

Answers

• hi Gary

what about menu TEAM -> Disconnect from Team Foundation Server ?

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Gary Milton Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:02 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 8:55 PM

All replies

• hi Gary

what about menu TEAM -> Disconnect from Team Foundation Server ?

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Gary Milton Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:02 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 8:55 PM
  • Now I feel stupid :-D

I thought I'd looked everywhere but clearly I didn't look in the most obvious place. To be fair, I rarely use the TEAM menu and mainly just the Team Explorer context menus.

Interestingly, in Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer the "Disconnect" option only appears in the Team Explorer context menu and doesn't appear under the TEAM menu, and there is no custom "Disconnect" menu item available that you can add to the TEAM menu. So, in Visual Studio 2013 (and maybe in Visual Studio 2012 as well) they appear to have moved the "Disconnect" option from Team Explorer context menu to the TEAM menu.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:02 AM
  • +100

Разработчик под SharePoint, http://rockietm.wordpress.com, http://demo.arsenal-it.com

Sunday, November 8, 2015 3:12 PM