none
Working with list pane RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I'm making AddIn for our helpdesk system. He must read data from SQL and parse to Outlook. I can make custom pane to make my personal list of tickets but I can't hide list pane.

I Need one of solutions: fill data to list pane or hide list pane and set width of custom pane more than 50% of working space.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks Andrij

Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:59 AM

Answers

• Since you recieve your support request outside of user's outlook (at least this is what i understood from your explanation) and you did not stated that you want to use outlook to communicate with client directly there is no need to use mail item templates. Look for example at Task item, use designer to add missing fields (sender, etc.) and publish that form. You could also use FormRegions to extend existing form or replace it with your own custom controls (second option requires your custom MessageClass). As for links, google 'create custom form outlook' or something like that, there is plentiful of samples and explanation on the web.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:03 PM

All replies

• you can for example create folder or even whole store for your tickets in outlook and fill contants of that folder (by adding items of type which suits you the most) with data from your db. this way user will see your tickets in list pane. Is that good enough for you?
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:45 AM
  • This is not ideal solution because I create folder for every user in domain

i don't have problem with create item or folder but i need fill all posible fields

Outlook.MailItem newMailItem = (Outlook.MailItem)solutionRoot.Items.Add(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem);

newMailItem.To = "me@gmail.com";
    newMailItem.Subject = "Test HD";
    newMailItem.HTMLBody = "<b>My Test</b>";
    newMailItem.Save();
    newMailItem.Move(solutionRoot);

it can be a Solution but I can't set sender if he is not in Contacts.

If I can set sender some as "Andrij B<me@gmail.com>" then i can use list pane and solution will be born

Thanks Andrij

Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:00 PM
  • clearly you need to state more requirements for your solution - why do you need to set sender? if this is support ticket customization, you do not have to use mailitem's template, there are others, you can even create your own (based on one of defaults) and add your own fields/hide existing and your custom form.
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:28 PM
  • We have some client, when client write his question we identify him as user and company in sql

EXAMPLE:

In SQL I have fields USER_ID, COMPANY_ID,TITLE,MESSAGE,CREATE_DATETIME

When I add item I need fill Sender (COMPANY_ID - USER_ID<user@mail.com> ),Subject(TITLE),Recive(CREATE_DATETIME), Body(MESSAGE)

and some field as LAST_CONTROL_DATETIME and TICKET_ID

--------------------------

Because I'm newbie in Outlook Dev. ideal for me is this solution

Get data from SQL -> create item -> every 5 mins controll for updates -> update item.

I don't know how to create my own template. If You have some links I will be grateful

Thanks Andrij

Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Since you recieve your support request outside of user's outlook (at least this is what i understood from your explanation) and you did not stated that you want to use outlook to communicate with client directly there is no need to use mail item templates. Look for example at Task item, use designer to add missing fields (sender, etc.) and publish that form. You could also use FormRegions to extend existing form or replace it with your own custom controls (second option requires your custom MessageClass). As for links, google 'create custom form outlook' or something like that, there is plentiful of samples and explanation on the web.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:03 PM