IronPython -- The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly RRS feed

• Question

• User1464674564 posted

I have a very strange problem. I'm trying to get IronPython working with XNA, I've copied the source from: http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/XNA_Example_with_a_Bouncing_Sprite

Then when I compile this I got the error "IOError: System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information."

I fixed this issue by added a ipy.exe.config file in the same director as my ipy.exe with the following config information:

<configuration>
      <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
        <requiredRuntime version="v4.0.20506"/>
      </startup>
    </configuration>

This worked perfectly and I was able to compile and run the code on all but 1 machine which gives me the error:

"SystemError: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly."

when trying to create an XNA object. IT works fine on 2 out of 3 machines both with the latest IronPython and XNA installed the only difference is the machine it is not working on is Windows 7 32 bit where the other 2 are 64bit (shouldn't make a difference?)

I'm bashing my head over this can someone point me in the right direction? even some insight as to what the error means and some steps I might take to debug

Thursday, May 5, 2011 9:31 PM

All replies

• User583989486 posted

Hi,

What's your issue going now?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Friday, May 13, 2011 2:06 AM