Getting Info from a process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

How Can i get information from a running process Example:

I got a chat server(Console) running, and i whant to get the amount of users, ram and cpu thats using while is running and copy it to a .txt file.

(The chat server  console already displays the amount of users, ram and cpu  thats using, but i whant to get that info a put it on a txt file)

Thx in advance.

Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:17 PM

Answers

• You would have to create some sort of inter-process communication channel to request that information from your process.  The Process class itself cannot get information like "users" from your application.  The Process class does have various properties for memory usage (like Process.WorkingSet) and CPU usage (like Process.TotalProcesorTime) for a process.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 1:09 AM
  • This is scheduled for sometime in Q3, a great deal of work has been done on Beta 2, but this isn't the best place for me to discuss the issue in any detail, however you are encouraged to visit the website and drop an e-mail to us, particularly if you have specific or unusual needs, if we have your e-mail address you will be updated with announcements.

The question you posed earlier, is one of several key scenarios where the technology stands out, offering capabilities that are totally new, we always welcome and encourage user community feedback.

Many thanks

Monday, June 4, 2007 7:59 PM

All replies

• You would have to create some sort of inter-process communication channel to request that information from your process.  The Process class itself cannot get information like "users" from your application.  The Process class does have various properties for memory usage (like Process.WorkingSet) and CPU usage (like Process.TotalProcesorTime) for a process.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 1:09 AM
  • I see thx for the information
    Monday, June 4, 2007 5:51 PM
  • thx alot HWM great info i got 1 question:

when Beta 2 is comming out?

Monday, June 4, 2007 6:51 PM
  • This is scheduled for sometime in Q3, a great deal of work has been done on Beta 2, but this isn't the best place for me to discuss the issue in any detail, however you are encouraged to visit the website and drop an e-mail to us, particularly if you have specific or unusual needs, if we have your e-mail address you will be updated with announcements.

The question you posed earlier, is one of several key scenarios where the technology stands out, offering capabilities that are totally new, we always welcome and encourage user community feedback.

Many thanks

Monday, June 4, 2007 7:59 PM
  • thx alot i will do that.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 10:47 PM