none
Enterprise ORACLE Adapter issues RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have been using enterprise oracle adapter for the last several months and found numerous problems with this adapter. The project is in QA and about to go to production so switching to WCF-based adapter is not an option. One problem that I found just last week is the most confusing one.

It started with an issue where send ports were active for a long time e.g. I was trying to run an update query on ORACLE database usinig ORACLE adapter and send port remained active for 48 hours without throwing any error. Upon research I found an article / hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922810. The hotfix, however didnt change anything and I am still facing this issue.

The problem has to do with runtimeagent.exe process that ORACLE adapter uses to connect to ORACLE database. I could see 10 to 11  runtimeagent.exe processes in task manager while only one or two of them were active. I guess the ORACLE adapter is not closing conenctions properly. I did some more research and found ( at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561962.aspx) setting "RefreshAgent"  property to TRUE on ORACLEAdapter send port might fix the problem but to my surprise when I change the property to Yes, press the "apply" button, close the window and reopen the window, the property is set back to "NO". Meaning the adapter is not allowing me to set "RefreshAgent" property to yes.

Any idea how to fix this?

Although I am not 100% sure about the cause of this problem but I guess it has to do with concurrency. The last time send ports hung, i noticed two send ports were trying to connect to ORACLE at the same time and both of them hung.

Anybody on this forum faced this issue? any idea how to fix it? The only solution i found so far is to keep restaring host instance thats running ORACLE Adapter as it kills all runtimeagent processes.

thanks

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:45 PM

Answers

• This issue was recently fixed and hotfix would be released soon(maybe 1 week or so). In case you want private fix earlier, please contact Microsoft Product support.

Regards,

Anil

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:36 PM

All replies

• This issue was recently fixed and hotfix would be released soon(maybe 1 week or so). In case you want private fix earlier, please contact Microsoft Product support.

Regards,

Anil

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:36 PM
  • Hi Anil,

I have recently got the same issue , would you please share me the hotfix you metioned.

Thanks in advance.

Eliot

Friday, November 14, 2008 1:01 AM
  • here is the link for fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959105

Regards,

Anil

anil
    • Proposed as answer by Anil K Prasad Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:57 AM
  • Hi Anil, I have same issue. There are many runtimeagent.exe on Task Manger. I am using oracle adaptors to insert, update, select from tables and packages in many projects. I try to install the hotfix that you provided in above link. But I couldnt install it. I am getting the following error message: "Microsoft BizTalk LOB Adatper R2 not found or this package does not contain compatible patch". My server info: Windows 2003 R2, 64 Biztalk 2006 R2 Oracle 10g
    Siv
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:26 PM
  • There are 3 versions of hotfixes available for download - please make sure that you are using the one relevant to your installation.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:37 AM
  • Thank you Manas Grag, I installed the 3rd file. After I installed the hot fix and register it on GAC, Oracle adapter is not working. I am getting the following error: Error1. TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified Error2. Invalid target: Query@OracleDb://DEV/DEVSChema/Tables/V_REPORTING Error3. Error transmitting message: SOAP-ENV:ClientRequest ID: Unknown Exception Type: The method does not exist Exception Info: Exception occurred: Invalid target: Query@OracleDb://DEV/DEVSChema/Tables/V_REPORTING Error4. A message sent to adapter "OracleAdapter" on send port "SEND_REPORTVIEW_DATA_ORACLE" with URI "OracleDb://DEV_7e4ad481-881f-4419-bc31-45263e4203a5" is suspended. Error details: Error transmitting message: SOAP-ENV:ClientRequest ID: Unknown Exception Type: The method does not exist Exception Info: Exception occurred: Invalid target: A message sent to adapter "OracleAdapter" on send port "SEND_REPORTVIEW_DATA_ORACLE" with URI "OracleDb://DEV_7e4ad481-881f-4419-bc31-45263e4203a5" is suspended. Error details: Error transmitting message: SOAP-ENV:ClientRequest ID: Unknown Exception Type: The method does not exist Exception Info: Exception occurred: Invalid target: Query@OracleDb://DEV/DEVSChema/Tables/V_REPORTING MessageId: {EEFE2A5D-5476-477C-AAE6-1F82ED032FA1} InstanceID: {5DDC7C1E-889E-424F-9421-7D4D3264FE4C} MessageId: {EEFE2A5D-5476-477C-AAE6-1F82ED032FA1} InstanceID: {5DDC7C1E-889E-424F-9421-7D4D3264FE4C}
    Siv
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:25 PM
  • TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

this means that the name "DEV" does not map correctly to the TNSNAMES.ORA entry on your local machine.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:47 PM
  • It looks like hot fix installation has created new client file under D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_2\ I used to have D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\. I guess this hot fix has moved the files from client_1 to client_2. Do I have to configure somewhere to make this changes? What is ODP.NET? Do I have to do anything with that to make this change? I have DEV in TNSNAMES.ORA
    Siv
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Test Connection is successful for DEV in Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration. Still I am getting same error.
    Siv
    Friday, June 19, 2009 6:05 PM
  • I am getting the following error when I try to connect to oracle from biztalk oracle adapter: Exception occurred: Error Code: 12154 (0x2f7a) 08004 : [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified I could connect to oracle from SQLPLS and TOAD without any issue. When I test the connection on System DNS, connection is successful. However when I try to connect to oracle from Receiveport, I am getting above error. I couldnt connect to oracle from biztalk adatper when I do the below. Receive port -> Oracle adapter -> Configuration -> provide oracle info and apply. When I open "Managing Events" window, it shows OracleDB -> DEV . I dont see any table or anything under DEV. tnsname.ora and sqlnet.ora are same as I had before. Nothing changed. It looks like some set up between Oracle and BizTalk adapter has not been updated. Is there any config, registry or any stuff I need to modify?
    Siv
    Friday, June 19, 2009 10:20 PM
  • Hi Siv,

I am also getting the same error as above..

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 1/21/2010
    Time: 12:58:04 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: xyz
    Description:
        Exception occurred:
                Error Code: 12154 (0x2f7a)
            08004 : [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Can any of you guys Please help me in resolving this issue asap..

Mahen

Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:32 PM