Unexplained errors in GetDownloadStatus polling V9 BulkService RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Am downloading an account using the new V9 BulkService.

Initially i make a request to DownloadCampaignsByCampaignIds, using  a last sync time of about an hour ago say. I make the request with 37 CampaignScope objects. Out of this call i get my downloadRequestId string returned which i then use in the polling to the bulkService.GetDownloadStatus operation.

After 4 or 5 minutes of polling i am getting the following

BingAds.BulkService.ApiFaultDetail error:

Error code: CampaignServiceCampaignsArrayShouldNotBeNullOrEmpty (1113)

I am at a loss as to how i get this ? The downloadRequestId is a string reference unique to the request i made for the 37 campaigns is it not?

Do you have any idea why this is ?

many thanks in advance

Giles Bodger

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Giles.

This issue should be resolved now, and will you please confirm? You should be allowed to specify deleted campaigns in the download request, and no error should be returned when polling for status. In a prior comment I made a mistake in suggesting otherwise.

Note: You'll need to submit a new download request, as polling with your existing request IDs would still fail.

Thanks for your patience,

Eric

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Giles.

This is a known issue in production, and you would incorrectly get CampaignServiceCampaignsArrayShouldNotBeNull in the following case:
    1.It is a download by campaigns.
    2.It is a delta download.
    3.There have been no changes between the last sync time and current time.

My understanding is this issue should be resolved already in sandbox, and in production by end of week.

Thanks for your patience.

Eric

Monday, January 13, 2014 10:56 PM
  • Thanks for that Eric

Is there a way for me to track this, and indeed any other bug, on Microsoft Connect for example ?

cheers

Giles
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:22 AM
  • Hi Giles,

This issue is tracked in our internal bug tracking system. We will update this thread with the bug status once its resolved. 

Thanks

Ravi Modalavalasa

Program Manager

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:53 PM
  • Hi Giles,

This issue should have been resolved now. Please verify and let us know if you notice any issues.

Thanks

Ravi Modalavalasa

Program Manager

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:30 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

Most of our accounts (about 65) are working now, but we still have 5 or 6 that are now presenting a different error under the same set up conditions,

Error code: InternalError (0)

Any ideas as to why this might be ?

Cheers in advance

Giles

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:00 AM
  • Hi Giles.

For download by campaigns, the internal error could happen if one or more of the specified campaign IDs were deleted. We have an open work item to return an actionable error code for this scenario.

If you believe your repro is different, please escalate to support with the SOAP request + response + timestamp. Please include the UserName and all entity IDs for the request.

Thank you.

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:09 AM
  • Ok,

so of the 5 accounts that are not working - 1 has now decided to work  - i assure you i have done nothing on our side to make this happen, but 4 are still not working. None of the accounts that are failing have any Deleted Campaigns. Before making the call to downloadCapaignsByCampaignId, i go and fetch all the campaigns from the API for that account and use those CampaignIds

Just for the record, if I try to use DownloadCampaignsByAccountId then the same error 0 happens 

I find this a little confusing - if there is an error when using DownloadCampaignsByCampaignIds (as we have to do when the account gets above a certain size), whatever the cause, shouldnt there be some formal announcement somewhere - if i had released my new V9 sync service then several accounts just wouldnt be syncing.

cheers

Friday, January 17, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Hi Giles.

It sounds like your issue may be different than what I mentioned. I am not aware of any other issues with the service. Please escalate to support with the SOAP request + response + timestamp. Please include the UserName and all entity IDs for the request.

Regarding announcement of known issues, this is good feedback and we will take another look at how to surface such details.

Thanks for your patience.

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:01 PM
  • After having played around with the V9 sync a little more i can see where there may be issues

1. It seems that the small delta syncs that we normally make, we sync every 15 minutes on every account we own, these run OK.

2 If i do a Full refresh of an account , then even with our largest account (3 csv files near a GB each) i am presented with the files being ready within 6 or 7 minutes of starting to poll.

3. The problem seems to be if i try to get a sync of data up to a few weeks back from "now" - which we would have to do if for some reason our servers were switched off for that length of time, disaster recovery etc. Also, different accounts seem to be able to sync differing amounts of time periods going back from "now", with no reason as to what detirmines the time period available, and every time, when i reach a certain time period back from "now", the error i am getting is the

Error code: InternalError (0)

Any ideas ?

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:55 PM
  • Hi Giles.

Did all of the specified campaigns exist at the specified time? Please escalate to support with the SOAP and mention this thread. This is the most efficient way to understand the root cause. We would only get to guess without your SOAP, entity IDs, and timestamp. I will follow up with support and make sure this is treated with high priority.

Thank you.

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:11 PM
  • Thanks Eric - will check to see if all the Campaigns existed at the specified time  and if not then will escalate with the soap data

cheers

Giles

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:53 PM

• Just so i am understanding things - say i am requesting the Campaign data for an Account and that the campaignIds i am asking for are all the current ones. If i am asking for data back 4 weeks (lastSyncTime), why would it matter that any of the campaignIds i am using may have been created sooner than 4 weeks ago? Surely if i ask for the data on a campaign that is 2 weeks old in a sync that i state the last sync time as being 4 weeks ago, i will just get the latest snapshot of that campaign ? Why would that cause things to fail ?

Also, for the same Accounts that are failing, i have also requested DownloadCampaignsByAccountIds, so this would mean you wouldn't have to worry about supplying incorrect campaignIds, it should give a snapshot of all the campaigns in their latest states. BUT when i request DownloadCampaignsByAccountIds i get the same polling error as before - On all accounts that are failing

Do you have a link for API Support or an address that i can send my soap envelopes to ?

cheers in advance

Giles

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:46 PM
  • Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa983155.aspx#engagesupport

We will follow up on the scenarios.

Thanks.

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Hi Giles.

This issue should be resolved now, and will you please confirm? You should be allowed to specify deleted campaigns in the download request, and no error should be returned when polling for status. In a prior comment I made a mistake in suggesting otherwise.

Note: You'll need to submit a new download request, as polling with your existing request IDs would still fail.

Thanks for your patience,

Eric

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:00 AM
  • Hi Eric

many thanks for that - hadnt seen this post so will do a little testing and then report back

cheers

Giles

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:27 PM
  • Hi Eric

Just to let you know that everything seems to be behaving now, and i have released my bulk service upgrade to our production environment

Thanks for your help

cheers

Giles

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Thanks for confirming!
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:01 PM