Can't open project in "Recent Project" section of Start Page[Shell Isolated] RRS feed

• Question

• I create a Shell Isolated Project[VS 2010], then I enabled the Satart Page, and add a Start Page.

When I create a new project(Named Test1) in the Shell Isolated, Test1 displays in the "Recent Project" section of the Start Page.

I clicked "Test1", I got a error said: "Test1 could not be opened.Do you want remove the reference to it from the Recent list".

But I can open "Test1" from the Menu,  File=>"Recent project and solution"=> "C:\......\Test1\Test1.testsln"

Did I miss something important? and what should I do to debug & fix this issue?

Thanks.

young40

Friday, November 5, 2010 6:10 PM

Answers

• You have hit a bug with the Start Page Recent Project control (MruListBox).  It does not realize that ".testsln" is a valid solution file extension for Isolated Shell and it is making the wrong call to open the solution. 

There is a workaround described here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsxprerelease/thread/9945247c-8d35-4dd4-8f83-b799013a7107

It is however fairly elaborate in that you need to subclass the MruListBox control and override the OpenMruItem command.  Doing so will give you complete freedom to customize the MruListBox behavior (Open, OpenFolder, Remove) which might be useful for your Isolated Shell application.

Greg Van Liew

Visual Studio Platform

• Marked as answer by young40 Friday, November 5, 2010 11:28 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 9:14 PM

All replies

• You have hit a bug with the Start Page Recent Project control (MruListBox).  It does not realize that ".testsln" is a valid solution file extension for Isolated Shell and it is making the wrong call to open the solution. 

There is a workaround described here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsxprerelease/thread/9945247c-8d35-4dd4-8f83-b799013a7107

It is however fairly elaborate in that you need to subclass the MruListBox control and override the OpenMruItem command.  Doing so will give you complete freedom to customize the MruListBox behavior (Open, OpenFolder, Remove) which might be useful for your Isolated Shell application.

Greg Van Liew

Visual Studio Platform

• Marked as answer by young40 Friday, November 5, 2010 11:28 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 9:14 PM
  • Hello Greg, it works very well. Thanks a lot for your reply so quickly.

Friday, November 5, 2010 11:35 PM