none
Get footer text in MS Project file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm writing an addon for MS Project 2010 and I want to get footer text in MPP file

I can set footer text by FilePageSetupFooter function with below code

foreach (MSProject.View view in project.Views) { var viewName = view.Name; var text = Utils.ProjectGetFormattedFooterText(footerText); project.Application.FilePageSetupFooter(viewName, MSProject.PjAlignment.pjRight, text); log.Debug("Add footer {0} to {1}", text, viewName); }

public string ProjectGetFormattedFooterText(string footerText)
    {
    var formattedFooterText = string.Format("&\"{0}\"&{1:d2}&B{2}", WatermarkFontName, WatermarkFontSize, footerText);

return formattedFooterText;
    }

Now i want to retrieve the footer text was set.

Can someone provide me with a sample code on how I can do that?
    Thanks.

• Moved by L.Hl Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:24 AM

All replies

• HI,

this is the forum for questions about MS Office development(Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook, Visio), for your question is about MS Project development, I will move the thread to MS Project develop forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lan 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:34 AM
  • I don't think you can read setup details in VBA, so you can't in VSTO either. If in doubt, create a new View for printing purposes only and zoom, set page options etc as required. Much more reliable than changing the same view all the time.

After printing remember to apply the original view.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:17 PM