Error Msg "Microsoft SQL Server Tools" package did not load correctly. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2014 Express and SQL Server Management Studio 2014 Express.

I cannot view data from the Server Explorer or from the Management Studio.

I can modify table structures and my application seems to work fine with the data.

I installed SSDTB1_x86_ENU_.exe.

I still cannot view the data in the Management Studio and when I try to view it through the Server Explorer I get the error msg.

I do not see the Tools in the Control Panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:15 PM

Answers

• The error message is the "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools package did not load correctly." Last night I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 Service Pack 5 and now everything appears to be working okay. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

John

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Go to "Programs and Features" in Control Panel, search for "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools", then click on it and select Repair.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:21 PM
  • Thanks Alberto.

Unfortunately that didn't do it.

John

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:33 PM
  • Hi John,

You could try the SSMS preview release, it supports SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2016, and even Azure SQL databases.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:35 AM
  • Hi,

Curious to know exact error message that you are getting as I am also running same products on my dev machine and its working fine.

Can you share error message and if you can share setup logs.

Regards Gursethi Blog: http://gursethi.blogspot.com/ ++++ Please mark "Propose As Answer" if my answer helped ++++

Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:41 AM
  • The error message is the "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools package did not load correctly." Last night I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 Service Pack 5 and now everything appears to be working okay. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

John

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:18 PM
  • Hi John,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Thanks for your sharing, you can mark your reply as answer, that way, other community members could benefit from your solution.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 15, 2016 1:58 AM