Dynamicly binding data to resource file RRS feed

• Question

• User1327346079 posted

I'm new here so if this post has to be moved to another location, please do so.

I've the following situation/problem. I'm working on a asp.net 2.0 translation programm. I load data based on a selecteditem.text from a radiobuttonlist. After that i click a button which generates a gridview with he selecteditem (a column and its information). Each column in de database represents translation of a label used in another large web app.

The larger wepapp uses globalization and gets his information from resource files. I've to generate resources files which that larger webapp uses to display data.

My question: Is it possible to dynamicly bind data to a resource fil lets say the data from a gridview i mentioned before? If so, how would i do that? With XML? And if not, what is the best way to generate such a file based on database data?

I couldn't find nothing about it on the internet, almost all articles and tuts are using images or strings to display not really database data.

Can someone help me with this? Much appreciated.

Monday, June 12, 2006 4:41 AM

All replies

• User1327346079 posted
    Isnt't there anyone who might have a clue what to do?
    Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:20 AM
  • User1327346079 posted
    I guess there is no easy way to solve this?
    Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:08 AM
  • User1327346079 posted
    Maybe it is an idea to create a function which loads some values like filename, columname (from db) and perhaps using XML document to write it to an xml file? How would i do this? And will this be succesfully converted to a resource in other words can an webapp based on globalization use this?
    Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:55 AM