none
ReportViewer Credentials issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an ASP.Net application (C#) which utilizes both the SSRS web service (2008 R2) and the ReportViewer control (VS 2008).  The web application and report server are installed on separate machines.  I need to be able to pass the windows credentials of the user (running the application) to the ReportViewer control.  The web.config is using Windows authentication.  If I inlcude this line in the web.config (<identity impersonate=true />), I get the desired behavior when running the application from the machine where the web application is installed.  If I run from another machine, the call to the web service fails with a 401 error.  If I remove the <identity impersonate=true />, then the Asp.Net user is passed to the ReportViewer.  I have read all the articles about using IReportCredentials interface.  However, it appears all of these examples extract the user name and password from the web.config file.  I need to get the current logged in user's username and password so that the User!UserID global variable returns this user's id.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:14 PM