How can I display row header in a tablix when the tablix is empty? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement in SSRS2008R2 to display a tablix as part of a multi-tablix report page. When there is no data to display in the tablix, the requirement is to display the row headers anyway as a placeholder. This is a report being migrated from Crystal and the Users want the same look and feel in the new version.

Is there a way to display the header (row headers) when the tablix contains no data? Do I need to force an empty row in the stored procedure? If so, what is the best method to accomplish this?

Thanks!

I offered a NoRows message that no data was found, but that was shot down...

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Answers

• Ultimately, since the "header" row needs to display regardless of data, I created a rectangle holding the header information and hard-coded it into the space allocated to that particular piece of business.

While the details in the tablix might hide when empty, the header stays where it's at.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

• Marked as answer by GaryT_Musicman Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:28 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

You can add a row outside to your group, and Set it as your header.

Where your tablix has rows hide It : 

=IIF(RowNumber("YOURDATASET") > 0 , TRUE, FALSE)

Regards

http://simplesqlserver.wordpress.com

Dj's | Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by GaryT_Musicman Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:25 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by GaryT_Musicman Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:45 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Sadly, this did not work for me.

The "header" row was not in a group. I createdd a seperate "header" row outside of the tablix altogether.This didn't solve the problem either.

Since this is in a subreport, when the tablix is empty the subreport doesn't dispaly at all.

Aaarrggggghhh!

Back to the drawing board.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:47 PM
  • Ultimately, since the "header" row needs to display regardless of data, I created a rectangle holding the header information and hard-coded it into the space allocated to that particular piece of business.

While the details in the tablix might hide when empty, the header stays where it's at.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

• Marked as answer by GaryT_Musicman Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:28 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:28 PM