Unable to create a Nav Bar

Question

• I am following Part 3: Page Control objects and Navigation (windows store apps using javascript and HTML. When I attempt to create a Nav Bar. It does not work. Its almost as if "NavBar" is not a recognized id. Any suggestions?

Monday, July 01, 2013 5:24 PM

Answers

• The WinJS.UI.NavBar control is only available on the Windows 8.1 Developer Preview build, that is, it's part of WinJS 2.0 Preview and is not available in WinJS 1.0 on Win8. That's my guess.
    Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have moved this thread to Building Windows Store apps with HTML5/JavaScript forum for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 2:49 AM
  • The WinJS.UI.NavBar control is only available on the Windows 8.1 Developer Preview build, that is, it's part of WinJS 2.0 Preview and is not available in WinJS 1.0 on Win8. That's my guess.
    Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:36 AM
  • Hi,

For a navigation bar un WinJS 1.0 (Windows 8) you could use an AppBar positioned on top and with the sticky property set to true.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:31 PM
  • I should have been using Windows 8.1. Thank you all for the quick responses, I was unable to respond that I had figured out the issue due to the long weekend.
    Monday, July 08, 2013 1:05 PM