Dump not created.( Crash dump initialization failed!) RRS feed

• Question

• I saw the following log line in the System event log: 

"Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page  file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical  memory. "

I am using a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. Is there windows HF for Windows 7 i need to install?

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Shiv Suresh,

This forum is discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Registry, Globalization, Reflection. According to your description, I'm not completely clear about your scenario actually and how the error happens. Maybe you could give us a more detailed information.

>>"Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page  file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical  memory. "

Just based on your error message,  looks dump not created. I would suggest you add a try/catch at the top level of the application should catch all errors. You also could catch the unhandled exception from other threads with

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException += CollectCrashDumpFunction

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 2:55 AM