none
ID Column RRS feed

• Question

• This may be a stupid question but, when printing a project, is it possible to hide the column titled ID number? Thank you very much in advance.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 6:13 PM

Answers

• Andrew,

No it's not a stupid question. You did however post to a forum that deals with Project customization and Programming. In the future you will probably get a quicker response if you post to one of the forums for general Project questions. Please see FAQ 52 - Find a forum on our MVP website at, http://www.mvps.org/project/faqs.htm.

Now to answer your question. You can hide any Project field that appears as a column in a view by "deleting" that field from the view table. I put delete in quotes because in Project, fields cannot be deleted, they can only be hidden. Also, Project's default mode is that the first column, which is normally the ID field, is locked. I don't remember for sure, but you may have to unlock it before it can be deleted (i.e. hidden). Editing the view table is slightly different depending on which version of Project you are using.

If you only want to hide the ID field for printing, go ahead and hide it, then print, then restore the ID field to the view before closing.

If you need a custom view for printing only on a regular basis, I suggest you create a custom view that shows only those fields you want to appear in the hard copy. When you are ready to print, apply your custom print view and you're all set.

Hope this helps.

John

Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:19 PM
  • Hi,

Or just as simple, drag the column width to 0.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:01 PM

All replies

• Andrew,

No it's not a stupid question. You did however post to a forum that deals with Project customization and Programming. In the future you will probably get a quicker response if you post to one of the forums for general Project questions. Please see FAQ 52 - Find a forum on our MVP website at, http://www.mvps.org/project/faqs.htm.

Now to answer your question. You can hide any Project field that appears as a column in a view by "deleting" that field from the view table. I put delete in quotes because in Project, fields cannot be deleted, they can only be hidden. Also, Project's default mode is that the first column, which is normally the ID field, is locked. I don't remember for sure, but you may have to unlock it before it can be deleted (i.e. hidden). Editing the view table is slightly different depending on which version of Project you are using.

If you only want to hide the ID field for printing, go ahead and hide it, then print, then restore the ID field to the view before closing.

If you need a custom view for printing only on a regular basis, I suggest you create a custom view that shows only those fields you want to appear in the hard copy. When you are ready to print, apply your custom print view and you're all set.

Hope this helps.

John

Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:19 PM
  • Hi,

Or just as simple, drag the column width to 0.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:01 PM