generating output file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm mapping source to destination in the biztalk map.

I was wondering how to generate the output to form an xml file and have it sent to the client? Any idea?

Do I have to generate the input instance of a schema or of a map?

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:55 AM

Answers

• Hello Chris, there are two cases for you

1. if you already have a sample instance, you can set it as input instance of the map and then test the map. This will give you the output.

2. if you don't have the instance, set the map properties to create a sample instance on its own, and then generate the output.

in both the cases, you can get the output. Also it depends whether you set the output format to xml or native.

if your input is flat file and you want xml as output, you have to set the map output property to xml. If you need flat file output only then you set it to "native"

Please mark the post as answer if this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Chris7887 Monday, May 5, 2014 7:29 PM
    Monday, May 5, 2014 4:20 AM
  • Hi Chris,

From what I understand, you want to execute the map and showcase the output of it to client.

If yes then do following:

1.  Create a input instance of the source schema with the values you want (by default instance will have dummy values)

2. Right click the map and choose Test Map

3. If mapping has problem , error will be displayed in output window else the link of output file will be provided.

4. Open the link and save the file as .xml 

5. Send it to client

You can have look at following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee251256(v=bts.10).aspx

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1752306&seqNum=5

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|BizTalk Server : How Map Works on Port Level

Monday, May 5, 2014 4:21 AM
  • Sorry, can you clarify your scenario a bit?

Do you want to send the Test Map output to the client?

Monday, May 5, 2014 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Chris, there are two cases for you

1. if you already have a sample instance, you can set it as input instance of the map and then test the map. This will give you the output.

2. if you don't have the instance, set the map properties to create a sample instance on its own, and then generate the output.

in both the cases, you can get the output. Also it depends whether you set the output format to xml or native.

if your input is flat file and you want xml as output, you have to set the map output property to xml. If you need flat file output only then you set it to "native"

Please mark the post as answer if this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, May 5, 2014 4:20 AM
  • Hi Chris,

From what I understand, you want to execute the map and showcase the output of it to client.

If yes then do following:

1.  Create a input instance of the source schema with the values you want (by default instance will have dummy values)

2. Right click the map and choose Test Map

3. If mapping has problem , error will be displayed in output window else the link of output file will be provided.

4. Open the link and save the file as .xml 

5. Send it to client

You can have look at following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee251256(v=bts.10).aspx

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1752306&seqNum=5

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|BizTalk Server : How Map Works on Port Level

Monday, May 5, 2014 4:21 AM
  • Sorry, can you clarify your scenario a bit?

Do you want to send the Test Map output to the client?

Monday, May 5, 2014 12:00 PM