none
How to delete account in Azure ?!?!?!?!?! RRS feed

• Question

• How to delete account in Azure ?!?!?!?!?!

You can't imagine how I regret that I tried to use Microsoft service !!!!

There are two companiest with the dullest support in the world: Microsoft and Google ! At their sites you will be searching for the button "Delete acount" during several hours and you will not find it.

HOW TO DELETE ACCOUNT ?!?!?!?!?!?!

This answer doesn't work !!!!!!! There is no any "billing services" in the answer at this page !

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazurepurchasing/thread/9b88e5d9-1126-43a0-b8bc-36aebe1eff21

The link redirects me to

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=14234&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn

and that page redirects me to

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/contact/

I.e. to the page from which everything started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Go to https://account.windowsazure.com and login using your Live Id. You'll see all your subscriptions there. Click on the subscription you wish to cancel. Then click on "Cancel Subscription" button on the right hand side as shown in the screenshot below.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:48 AM
  • I do not have any subscription !!!!

I wanted to order service to use Node.js hosting. I inputted necessary data on steps 1 and 2. But on the 3-rd step I got a window, where was written that for customers from Ukraine I must print an agreement, sign it and send it by post to somewhere, where Microsoft headoffice in Europe is located. Of course I didn't. If I had known about that "convenient" service, I would not have registered at WindowsAzure.

But I have inputted my bank card data and I want to delete all this info from WindowsAzure web-site. I.e. I want to delete my account. I went the link you gave me, but there is written that I don't have any subscription. When I press the buton "Try it free" on the display appears a window with 3 steps. On the 3-rd step it demands me to print an agrement. I disagree and that window disappers. If I press "agree" then I must input my bank card data, which I don't want to do as I am not going to use WindowsAzure service.

I want to delete all my information about me, my email etc. If I enter my account under my e-mail, so I want to find where to delete this account.

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I want to know whether you have registered an account for Azure or not. From you description above, it seems you have trouble in the registration for the account, right? If the process is not complete, the information you input won't be saved like you register something in other web forum.

If you have registered an account on Azure, I think you can log on the management portal, then you can open a support ticket from it. You can click the member icon at the right up corner and select "Contact Microsoft Support" with billing type. They will help you on account, subscription and billing issue.

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean. Sorry again.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:24 AM
  • I disagree, this is not the correct answer.

The question is how can a azure account be deleted entirely, not cancel a subscription

Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:55 AM
  • I disagree, this is not the correct answer.

The question is how can a azure account be deleted entirely, not cancel a subscription

Trying to do the same thing, created a free account and want to completely remove it now.  Wow, this is not impressing me as I am comparing this with AWS. 
    • Proposed as answer by Chadan HM Friday, October 26, 2018 12:43 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chadan HM Friday, October 26, 2018 12:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Chadan HM Friday, October 26, 2018 12:43 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chadan HM Friday, October 26, 2018 12:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:31 PM
  • Me too... Trying to DELETE Azure Account (https://account.windowsazure.com/Subscriptions) 

There is no way (known to me) by which I can delete the Azure Account I created. (FYI, I have already cancelled subscriptions)

The account WONT let me take out my Payment Information.

This is Financial Security threat!

• Proposed as answer by Chadan HM Friday, October 26, 2018 12:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chadan HM Friday, October 26, 2018 12:42 PM
    • Proposed as answer by jamskahler Monday, December 3, 2018 7:49 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by jamskahler Monday, December 3, 2018 7:57 AM
    Sunday, April 29, 2018 4:27 AM
  • Can you try below steps:-

• Make sure that there are no outstanding subscriptions or payments due on the account.
    • Sign in at Microsoft account.
    • Select Security, and then scroll down to more security settings.
    • At the bottom of the page, select Close my account.
    • Select Next.
    • Review and check all the boxes on the page.
    • From the drop-down menu, select a reason for closing your account, and then select Mark account for closure.

Thanks,

Ravi

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:42 PM
  • Yes, same level of bullshit still exists in 2018 - Azure will not delete your account and will not delete your credit card information either, even though you are entitled to having your financial information to be removed from their systems on request *by law*.

Microsoft is swimming in a big pile of poopy and is risking losing a LOT with this kind of nonsense.

Shape up!!! Or lose it all!!! You guys already jumped the shark once with Windows 10. Don't lose the rest of your customers.
    • Edited by jamskahler Monday, December 3, 2018 7:47 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Give us an option to close our accounts immediately, like literally *every* other online service out there, or lose your customers that use the rest of your services over to Linux and other anti-bullshit / anti-abuse platforms.

Bill **passed** in California, June 2018:

New data privacy laws:

"The bill would grant a consumer the right to request deletion of personal information and would require the business to delete upon receipt of a verified request, as specified"

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB375

Don't be that company that has to face regulation just to do the right thing.

• Edited by jamskahler Monday, December 3, 2018 7:58 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

You can close your account by using the following guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12412/microsoft-account-how-to-close-account

Thanks

Monday, December 3, 2018 10:26 AM
  • @ghostinthewires:

This does not answer the question asked. This guide terminates your Microsoft Account, including Skype, Outlook, etc.

Why not to do business with Microsoft, TOO MANY TO LIST!

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:20 PM