New install - nothing works RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Expression Studio 4 Premium (x86) via my MSDN licence. The PC is a new-ish Dell running Win7 x64 and which already has VS2010 installed with a number of other MS apps/SDKs such as Silverlight, Silverlight 3 SDK and Silverlight 45 SDK. When I try to launch any of the applications in the Expression group, nothing happens - I only see processes such as blend.exe running via task manager, but exactly nothing is displayed as a GUI. I have un-installed and re-installed (the repair hung) as adminstrator.

Therefore, the whole Expression installation that I have paid for is totally un-useable. I have been wondering if I need any of these tools at all, and am highly discouraged with this sort of behaviour before I even see the program's user interface!

Can someone please tell me how to fix this seemingly basic installation bug.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hey JXSJXS,

Are you able to run Blend.exe with the /ExceptionLog flag turned on. See if there is any obvious call stack or crash. That might take us a step closer to the root cause.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:19 PM